Sunday, January 20, 2008

Debut

Dear Visitor:

I am a Mormon.
That means I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am also a woman, a wife, and a mom. With Mitt Romney seeking the Republican nomination for the presidency of the United States, I have read and listened to all kinds of comments, conjectures, criticisms and confusions regarding the Mormon faith. And I have decided it's time for me to jump into the fray.

Mormon. Woman. Wife. Mom. All of those adjectives describe me, but "Mormon" defines me. To define means "to make distinct;" "to discover and set forth the meaning of;" "to determine the essential qualities of." And all of the above is what my religion has done for me in my handful of decades here on earth.

In the weeks to come, I hope to convey to any random reader out there who cyber-stumbles onto this blog (and to any who purposefully visit here) what it means to me to be a Mormon. A Mormon Woman. A Mormon Wife. A Mormon Mom.

It is the most important thing in my life, because it makes the rest of life worth living. I hope I can convey to you why that is so in each posting here.

So, welcome to my blog.

Sincerely,

A Mormon Mom

No comments: